NY, January 13, 2020.- Construtech magazine has published detailed information on the trends that will star in the construction sector over the coming months. It will be difficult to get it right, but they point out that technology, data analysis and digital solutions, together with the aging of the workforce, will be decisive in construction. I highlight below a summary of the short-term future. And then I invite you to watch a video about the most ambitious projects that will be culminated in this exercise.
Construtech: In fact, it’s The Future of Construction, Global 2030, a report from Frost & Sullivan. According to its analysts, the construction industry is in the middle of a move toward new business models that are technology-driven and data-driven, provide better collaboration between stakeholders, and result in higher productivity. The aging workforce and digitization will require greater investments in workforce management and digital solutions.
By 2030, global spending in construction is expected to touch $17.5 trillion, with China, the U.S., and India leading the way and accounting for 57% of all global growth. More than 60% of the global infrastructure investment will be in emerging economies, particularly Asia, while the U.S. and Canada will contribute almost 20%.
Advancements in AI (artificial intelligence), cloud software, drones, and prefab construction will reduce cost, improve quality, and speed construction. These and other technologies are likely to disrupt the construction industry in the next five to 10 years. The trend to digitization, autonomy, new business models, sustainability, as well as economic and social trends across the sectors of residential, non-residential, and infrastructure will have an impact.
The greatest growth areas to watch are BIM (building information modeling) systems, employing low-cost, sustainable building materials, autonomous construction equipment, using drones and wearables at construction sites, and applying AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), and MR (mixed reality) in design and development. Leveraging smart signaling systems and predictive monitoring along with finding ways to use blockchain and nanotechnology will become key approaches at some companies.
Safety, a major concern in the industry, will advance the use of automation in the industry. Autonomous machines, VR assistance, and wearable safety products are key technologies that are expected to have increasing adoption in the industry.
In that regard, one of the stealth technologies, rarely explored, that can improve on-site and storage yard safety is showing signs of growth. That technology is robotic refueling and according to ResearchAndMarkets.com, the global robotic refueling system market was $10.2 million in 2018 and is expected to grow to $94 million by 2027.
Simplification in robotic fueling can be achieved by the redesign of the vehicle positioning and fuel dispensing systems. The latest refueling systems use a laser scanner to determine the vehicle position as opposed to expensive video imaging equipment used by previous designs. Fuel dispensing can be improved by a nozzle redesign and less complicated mating process of the fuel nozzle and the fuel port, reducing the number of autonomous tasks that need to be performed by the robotic arm.
No operators on-site to man fuel stations and refuel vehicles is the major driving factor. Currently, North America holds the largest robotic refueling system market share in terms of revenue.
- Technology, data and digital solutions, main keys for the construction sector
- Doka leads the way with a variety of new solutions for ConExpo 2020
- American infrastructure upgrade involves an investment of $ 2 trillion, or $ 4.5 trillion according to engineers?
- SuperDek: Fast, safe and simple handset drop head slab system
- Central Park Tower: Above the rooftops of Manhattan Doka forms the world’s tallest residential building
- Proposals, keys and solutions to improve the infrastructures of the United States
- New services of the American Concrete Institute: ACI 562-19 and new APP ACI Certification Verify
- What are the best answers that the CEO has to give to face the digital revolution in his company?
- If a chef feeds millions of people after hurricanes and officials after the closure of the Government is an act of corporate social responsibility?
- Doka. We’re forming America’s Infrastructure
- US Construction Spending Up Strong 1 Percent in January
- Job Opportunities in Construction: Is Doka USA the right fit for you?
- HR: The keys to adapt to changes in the workplace during the coming years
- The heart of Malta: How to resurrect a beauty of Nature?
- Bridge reengineering in Los Angeles: New design, anti-seismic measures, and new solutions for citizens
- Great people, great professionals: From Doka UK to Doka USA
- Case study high-rise event 2018: Understanding how to Build Higher, Faster & Safer
- Architects / Engineers: The “Coastal Highway Route 39” Mega-project in Norway creates bridges and tunnels with innovative technological solutions
- The keys to the transformation of construction programs and heroes of innovation
- Is the protection of our personal data a lost battle?