US, July 10, 2019. –The technical information about the Concrete has always interested me. Knowing its origin, its foundation in day-to-day work and its objectives. That’s why today I bring two advances from the American Concrete Institute. ACI 562-19 and new APP ACI Certification Verify. I hope your reading is useful.
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) announces that ACI 562-19 Code Requirements for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures and Commentary is now available in print and digital formats. ACI 562-19 Code Requirements for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures and Commentary
ACI 562-19 was specifically developed to integrate with the International Code Council’s International Existing Building Code or to be adopted as a stand-alone code. ACI 562 was written specifically to be integrated into building codes as a mechanism for building officials to have increased confidence that repairs are performed in a manner that provides an acceptable level of protection for the public.
“This third edition of ACI 562 provides all parties involved in a concrete repair project with a common and clearly defined set of requirements upon which to base its assessment, repair, and rehabilitation,” states Michael L. Tholen, ACI Managing Director, Engineering and Professional Development. “ACI 562-19 provides owners confidence that their repair projects will be designed to a common standard, engineers a uniform set of requirements specific to existing concrete structures, building officials a basis upon which to evaluate design and construction, and contractors clarification of responsibilities.”
The ACI 562 code requirements combine the Institute’s 100 years of historical knowledge with advanced resources on concrete repair. Key changes to the 2019 version include:
- Improved integration with ACI 318 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete;
- Improved integration with the ICC International Existing Building Code;
- More context provided regarding durability;
- Improved text and commentary related to load combinations during fire events;
- Improved text and commentary related to applicability of ACI 562;
- Simplified requirements for the basis of design report; and
- Clarification of requirements related to detailing of existing reinforcing steel.
ACI 562 is immediately available to subscribers of both the online ACI Collection of Concrete Codes, Specifications, and Practices and the new ACI Concrete Repair Subscription, or can be purchased individually in print or digital formats. To learn more about ACI 562-19 and to purchase, visit concrete.org, or call 248.848.3700.
New APP ACI Certification Verify
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) has released its new ACI Certification Verify app. The app allows users to quickly and easily verify the status of ACI-certified individuals through three search options: (1) verify an individual’s certification ID number, (2) search by an individual’s name, and (3) find the total number of ACI-certified individuals in an area.
ACI has certified more than 400,000 concrete finishers, technicians, supervisors, inspectors, managers and more since the 1980s. Currently, there are more than 123,000 active ACI certifications across 25+ popular programs worldwide.
“The ACI Certification Verify app is the perfect tool to use on the jobsite,” says John W. Nehasil, ACI managing director of certification. “Using simply a phone or tablet, anyone can easily verify the status of people working on a particular project or find the total number of ACI-certified individuals in an area.”
Creating this app provides further value to those working in the field, who may not have quick and easy access to a computer. The ACI Certification Verify app helps the entire verification process move more quickly and easily so jobs can move forward, with the same functionality as its concrete.org/verify web-based verification tool.
The app is currently available in iOS platforms and available to to download through the Apple App Store. An Android version is expected to be available soon.
“ACI-certified workers are critically important to the concrete industry, as they provide assurance that testing, placing and inspecting are performed correctly. Through our certification programs, ACI is strengthening the workforce with competent and proven individuals who can perform their jobs in a way that will help ensure longevity for the industry,” adds Nehasil. To learn more about ACI Certification or to download the app, visit whyACIcertification.org.
The American Concrete Institute (ACI)
For Construction Pros
- Central Park Tower: Above the rooftops of Manhattan Doka forms the world’s tallest residential building
- Proposals, keys and solutions to improve the infrastructures of the United States
- New services of the American Concrete Institute: ACI 562-19 and new APP ACI Certification Verify
- What are the best answers that the CEO has to give to face the digital revolution in his company?
- If a chef feeds millions of people after hurricanes and officials after the closure of the Government is an act of corporate social responsibility?
- Doka. We’re forming America’s Infrastructure
- US Construction Spending Up Strong 1 Percent in January
- Job Opportunities in Construction: Is Doka USA the right fit for you?
- HR: The keys to adapt to changes in the workplace during the coming years