US, June 8, 2020.- Doka was brought on the job because of our experience and unique solutions. The challenge was to come up with a way to reuse the same formwork from pour to pour with continually changing geometry. The upper and lower pylons were very different shapes requiring two unique designs. The primary pylon structures have a unique geometry that narrows and angles at the same time. A reusable system was needed that would have minimal changes between pours. Doka worked with the customer to collaborate on the formwork designs, and ensuring that the final solution was exactly what was required.
To do this, Doka used large-area formwork Top 50 as well as hydraulic climbing formwork SKE50 and SKE100 platforms. The platform system was designed with telescopic platforms that adjust to the changing pylon shape.
Doka helped the contractor with the schedule because there was minimal rebuild between pours. Doka also saved crane time due to the hydraulic lifting systems employed. The contractor is happy with the overall operation of the formwork system as well is the engineering backup received.
When completed, this new bridge will open up the port of Corpus Christi to larger ships and possibly even a Cruise ship terminal.
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Type of project: Cable Stay Bridge
Square footage: 5,580 sq. ft. of formwork for one pylon
General contractor: Flatiron Dragados JV
Concrete contractor: Flatiron Dragados
Overall project cost: $900 million
Construction time: Began in early 2018 and projected completion is late spring 2020.
Products used: Hydraulic climbing formwork SKE50 plus, Hydraulic climbing formwork SKE100 plus, Large-area formwork Top 50
- CECE: “Sales of concrete machinery on the European market went down by 20% in 2020 and performed within expectations against the backdrop of the pandemic”
- American construction companies receive with concern the new 2 trillion Infrastructure Plan
- KPMG Survey: CEOs estimate economic recovery from 2022
- The negative consequences of the COVID-19 economic recession may last longer than the 2008 crisis
- A compass to a hostile reality
- La fortaleza de la #economía frente a la ocupación del parlamento americano
- 2021: The “new birth” of the 21st century
- El mayor Tratado de Libre Comercio: Asia-Pacífico toma la delantera al resto del mundo
- #BestCEOs en tiempos difíciles: El talento directivo a partir de los 50 años, ¿excelencia o excedencia?
- The Crossroads of Managing Compliance
- Practical keys to organize the work of your employees in a global pandemic
- #Teleworking is not working in the dining room of your house
- Doka: The Longest Cable-Stay Bridge in the US Rises
- Bravo: Gates Foundation donates $ 250 million to fight #Covid19
- “Everyone is a socialist in a pandemic”
- Fight against Coronavirus: Health or Economy?
- The organizers confirm the celebration of Conexpo: Guide of recommendations to make the most of this Fair
- CIOs: The keys they need to implement in companies to increase their competitiveness
- Technology, data and digital solutions, main keys for the construction sector
- Doka leads the way with a variety of new solutions for ConExpo 2020
- American infrastructure upgrade involves an investment of $ 2 trillion, or $ 4.5 trillion according to engineers?
- SuperDek: Fast, safe and simple handset drop head slab system
- Central Park Tower: Above the rooftops of Manhattan Doka forms the world’s tallest residential building
- Proposals, keys and solutions to improve the infrastructures of the United States
- New services of the American Concrete Institute: ACI 562-19 and new APP ACI Certification Verify
- What are the best answers that the CEO has to give to face the digital revolution in his company?
- If a chef feeds millions of people after hurricanes and officials after the closure of the Government is an act of corporate social responsibility?
- Doka. We’re forming America’s Infrastructure
- US Construction Spending Up Strong 1 Percent in January
- Job Opportunities in Construction: Is Doka USA the right fit for you?
- HR: The keys to adapt to changes in the workplace during the coming years
- The heart of Malta: How to resurrect a beauty of Nature?
- Bridge reengineering in Los Angeles: New design, anti-seismic measures, and new solutions for citizens
- Great people, great professionals: From Doka UK to Doka USA
- Case study high-rise event 2018: Understanding how to Build Higher, Faster & Safer
- Architects / Engineers: The “Coastal Highway Route 39” Mega-project in Norway creates bridges and tunnels with innovative technological solutions