US, June 8, 2020.- Doka was brought on the job because of our experience and unique solutions. The challenge was to come up with a way to reuse the same formwork from pour to pour with continually changing geometry. The upper and lower pylons were very different shapes requiring two unique designs. The primary pylon structures have a unique geometry that narrows and angles at the same time. A reusable system was needed that would have minimal changes between pours. Doka worked with the customer to collaborate on the formwork designs, and ensuring that the final solution was exactly what was required.
To do this, Doka used large-area formwork Top 50 as well as hydraulic climbing formwork SKE50 and SKE100 platforms. The platform system was designed with telescopic platforms that adjust to the changing pylon shape.
Doka helped the contractor with the schedule because there was minimal rebuild between pours. Doka also saved crane time due to the hydraulic lifting systems employed. The contractor is happy with the overall operation of the formwork system as well is the engineering backup received.
When completed, this new bridge will open up the port of Corpus Christi to larger ships and possibly even a Cruise ship terminal.
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Type of project: Cable Stay Bridge
Square footage: 5,580 sq. ft. of formwork for one pylon
General contractor: Flatiron Dragados JV
Concrete contractor: Flatiron Dragados
Overall project cost: $900 million
Construction time: Began in early 2018 and projected completion is late spring 2020.
Products used: Hydraulic climbing formwork SKE50 plus, Hydraulic climbing formwork SKE100 plus, Large-area formwork Top 50
- Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla will hit $5 trillion valuations soon
- Sustabinability is big business today and will be in the future
- Self-Coaching tips for leaders
- Why has the State of #California lost 353,000 inhabitants in the last two years?
- The care and management of our mental health is one of the keys for current and future generations
- Technological trends in american construction: Major investment works in California
- Luis Morral Pont: Actitud envidiable a los 93 años
- PNAS: “Economic progress is aided by longer supply chains and deeper networks”
- Does the mental health of your boss influence the results of your company?
- José María O´Kean, Profesor de Entorno Económico (IE Business School, Madrid): “Escenario económico post pandemia para 2022”
- BIM will surely be the main evolutionary change to be faced by construction in the years to come…
- The main legal procedures to open a construction company in California
- #COP26: Climate change will be solved by companies
- Great News: Build California E-Cademy introduces young students to construction industry
- The United States, the main country for Spanish construction companies / Estados Unidos el país de referencia para las constructoras españolas
- La inversión pública en el sector de la construcción puede superar el 9% en 2022, tres puntos por encima de la previsión de crecimiento del PIB
- California, the perfect example in large investments for the construction sector today and in the years to come
- CECE: “Sales of concrete machinery on the European market went down by 20% in 2020 and performed within expectations against the backdrop of the pandemic”
- American construction companies receive with concern the new 2 trillion Infrastructure Plan
- KPMG Survey: CEOs estimate economic recovery from 2022
- The negative consequences of the COVID-19 economic recession may last longer than the 2008 crisis
- A compass to a hostile reality
- La fortaleza de la #economía frente a la ocupación del parlamento americano
- 2021: The “new birth” of the 21st century
- El mayor Tratado de Libre Comercio: Asia-Pacífico toma la delantera al resto del mundo
- #BestCEOs en tiempos difíciles: El talento directivo a partir de los 50 años, ¿excelencia o excedencia?
- The Crossroads of Managing Compliance
- Practical keys to organize the work of your employees in a global pandemic
- #Teleworking is not working in the dining room of your house
- Doka: The Longest Cable-Stay Bridge in the US Rises
- Bravo: Gates Foundation donates $ 250 million to fight #Covid19
- “Everyone is a socialist in a pandemic”
- Fight against Coronavirus: Health or Economy?
- The organizers confirm the celebration of Conexpo: Guide of recommendations to make the most of this Fair
- CIOs: The keys they need to implement in companies to increase their competitiveness
- Technology, data and digital solutions, main keys for the construction sector